1. List five words that describe your reaction to Figure 18.1.
2.Give two reasons that cities might be growing so quickly.
3. a) Name the five municipalities of the GTA that had the largest population in 2001.
b) Why do you think these areas had so many people?
4. a) What areas of the GTA did not grow quickly from 1996 to 2001?
b) Why do you think these areas did not grow?
5. What kinds of recreational activities do you think could take place in these Greenbelt areas?
6. Since these areas are now protected, what activities do think will not be allowed?
7. List four or five different hamlets, villages, and towns in the Greenbelt area.
8. a) What are two groups that have opposed the Greenbelt Plan?
b) Why do these groups not like the plan?
9. What are the goals of the Greenbelt Plan?
10. What is your opinion of the Greenbelt Plan? Do you think it is a good idea or a bad idea? Give reasons for your opinion.
11.List the two groups that are in favour of the Greenbelt Plan and the two that are not. Give reasons why they are or are not happy.
12. Do you think the Greenbelt Plan is a good idea? Why or why not?
13.What could be done to appease those that are against the Greenbelt Plan?
14.Google Maps – Use Google Maps and locate the CN Tower in downtown Toronto.
15.Use the Google Street View to locate the CN Tower. This time, you can navigate (walk) the streets. To do this, go back to Google Maps and type in Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario. Then click More and choose Street View. Enjoy your walk!
2. Brainstorm five ways that show Canada has a higher standard of living than many other countries in the world.
3. Explain how each of the indicators given in Figure 19.4 shows something about quality of life.
4. What are three indicators used by the United Nations to develop the Human Development Index?
5. Define what an indicator is
6. Read the Fast Fact on page 201 and look at Figure 19.2. How does the information about Switzerland in the table explain why the Swiss baby has a greater life expectancy than the baby from Lesotho?
8. Give two reasons to explain why it is important that you not buy clothing, shoes, sporting equipment, and other products made in “sweat shops” in other countries.
Take a look at the graphs on page 205-206 of your textbook and comment on the pros and cons of having so much consumption for each.
Do a personal inventory of your ten favourite personal items. They could be clothes, sports equipment, video games etc. Create and fill in the following chart.
Of your ten items choose the three countries that appear the most and use the internet to research the average salary/year in the country. You may report in CDN or US dollars.
2. Identify three items you have bought that came from other nations.
3. Name three ways that the American market helps Canadian businesses.
4. Identify three other countries that Canada trades with.
5. Explain briefly how China and India have taken different paths to develop their economies.
6. Name three competitive advantages that Canada has.
7. Read the Fast Fact. Explain how Canada gets a trade surplus.
9. How does Geography help a person to be a better import buyer
10. Identify three ways that your personal choices in buying goods and services can influence Canada’s trade patterns
How has taking this course made you a better import buyer?
Read the case study from page 213 of your textbook and state what country you feel will be most successful, in the long run, based on the way they’ve chosen to trade. (ie. China trading goods vs. India trading services). Give reasons to back your choice!
On page 217 of your text book, you will see a plus minus graph.
Why is it an effective type of graph to use to look at World Trade Goods?
What is another topic you could use a plus minus graph with?
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.