Specifications for Othello research essay…
1. You must have a clear thesis, UNDERLINED or HIGHLIGHTED, which is developed in body. 7-8 pages in MLA format.
2. Use eight (8) sources from database in the body of your essay, which develop your point.
3. Sources must focus on a specific problem in Othello (race, color, betrayal, women, feminism, queer theory, etc.).
4. Rebuttals of your critics (For example, how to you answer criticism of your thesis? What is your response?You write in your thesis that Othello is the protagonist but a critic says that no, Iago is the protagonist; Othello is the antagonist) and appropriate conclusion.
5. Works Cited page, done in MLA 8th ed. You also need in-text citations or parenthetical citations (author page #) in the body of essay. Works cited goes on its own last page and includes complete info about sources.
6. Turned in by deadlines.
7. Reviewed by tutors or e-tutors; peer-reviewed in class.
8. Appropriate view of audience, tone, purpose, and formal language.Don’t use “you.”
9. Correct grammar and punctuation.
10. Research topic pre-approved by instructor.
11. Student must check for plagiarism by submitting his or her essay to Unicheck on Canvas. The student may submit at any time before due date to same assignment. Check for Unicheck or Turnitin plagiarism number in green with %.
Here is a topic and how you might want to develop your 7 pages…
Page 1: Your introduction. Start with a quote, stat, or proverb. End the page with your thesis. For example: Shakespeare’s Othello demonstrates the timeless fact that women are mistreated not because of social rank but for their gender.
Pages 2/3 Desdemona, even though she is high social status is still brutally killed by her husband because she is a woman.
–Bring in how her social status does not save her: all women are considered harlots.
Bring in sources to show this.
–bring in other examples from play
Page 4: Emilia is also killed by her husband, Iago, because she speaks up.
–Servant to Desi but no matter; she has no status or dignity and is brutally stabbed by her husband who does not want her to reveal the truth and tells her to “get ye home.”
–bring in sources.
–bring in other examples from play
Page 5: Bianca is the town harlot and gets no respect from her client, Cassio. In fact, Iago uses her conversation to trick Othello and make him feel jealousy.
–bring in sources
–bring in other scenes
Page 6: Rebuttal… Some critics argue that Desi, Emilia, and Bianca are mistreated not because of their gender but their secondary status on Cyprus.
Respond: No, clearly this argument is incorrect since Desi has higher social status than Othello but he kills her for being “unfaithful.” Thus, social status does not matter. Women are treated as objects of brutality and murder…
–bring in other sources.
–bring in other examples from play.
Page 7 Conclusion: Restate thesis. Summarize main points.
Has the treatment of women changed over time?
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.