The purpose of this assignment is for the student to gain an in-depth understanding of a particular mental disorder. Students who successfully complete this assignment will clearly convey their understanding of the prevalence, cultural considerations, diagnosis, and treatment of a mental disorder identified in the DSM-5.
Write a paper based on the following points:
• Discuss the prevalence (i.e., degree of existence, e.g., percent of the total population affected) and, if available, the incidence (i.e., rate of development or occurrence, e.g., new cases per year) of a disorder listed in the DSM-5.
o Disorder is not limited to a certain specifier (e.g. “Bipolar II” vs “Bipolar II with mixed features”) but should be a unique diagnosis (e.g. either Bipolar I or II, not both).
o Internet sources may be used here; however, they must be credible & primary sources (NIMH, NIH, other legitimate government agencies).
• Identify the symptoms or primary diagnostic criteria associated with the disorder.
o The DSM-5 may/should be referenced here; however, material must be paraphrased and direct quotes used very sparingly, if at all.
• Discuss cultural considerations (e.g., race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation/gender identity, physical/mental ability, class, religion, national origin, etc.) regarding the diagnosis and/or treatment of persons with this disorder.
o Try and do some critical thinking/brainstorming here. DSM is a good place to start as it has sections on this but try and look and think elsewhere. I will allow non-scholarly sources for this if they seem legitimate.
• Discuss any relevant/interesting environmental/genetic/temperamental/other risk factors
• Describe evidence-based treatment (e.g., psychotherapy, hospitalization, medication) for this disorder. Present scholarly literature that clearly identifies the type of treatment as the most effective or, at the least, the most common. Include a direct quote (i.e., phrase or sentence of less than 40 words) from the literature identifying the intervention as the treatment of choice for this disorder. Also present empirical literature (i.e., a study with actual results) that demonstrates the treatment’s effectiveness.
o If you choose a disorder with little research into it’s treatments, find a source that says this. If you write that there is no evidence for an effective treatment and I am able to find some, you will roux the day (LA pun; but you will have points taken away).
This paper must be written in APA style, be at least three full pages but ideally no more than five pages of text in length, and contain three scholarly (i.e., refereed, credible) references. No Internet or textbook sources are to be used, except where noted above.
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.