The goal of this paper is to apply psychological concepts to your everyday life. Psychology is about human cognition and behavior. You’re all human…so I want you to write about yourselves! Your job is to highlight how a concept discussed in class either applied to you in the past, is something that you are currently experiencing, or is something that you think you will experience in the future.
Here is the breakdown of the paper (minimum 6 paragraphs).
Part 1: Brief introduction to psychology and why it matters
· One introductory paragraph is needed
Part 2: Define and apply (the big part)
· Choose a minimum of 4 different psychological concepts that we have discussed in class. You must ensure that at least 3 of those concepts come from different chapters. Each concept should have its own paragraph
· For each concept you need to do 2 things:
o 1) define & explain the concept (what is it? How does it work? When does it work? What do we know about it?)
o 2) explain how this particular concept either has been, is currently, or will apply to your life. I expect you to explain things IN DETAIL here (this is the bulk of your paper)
· Use class notes and the textbook to learn about the concepts. When you define the concept, you need to reference the textbook.
o Example: According to Wood, Wood, Boyd, and Desmarais (2015), operant conditioning is when…..
· NO direct quotes allowed. You MUST phrase things in your own words (note: re-arranging the words of a sentence from your text is NOT putting it in your own words…)
Part 3: Summary and conclusion
· One summary paragraph is needed
Psychological concepts are those that are discussed in class. Here are some examples (note: this list is does not include everything)
· A specific part of vision (e.g., accommodation, myopia, hyperopia, colour vision, etc.)
· Positive reinforcement / negative reinforcement / punishment
· Classical conditioning
· Observational learning
· Specific part of memory (E.g., encoding, short term memory, sensory memory, long term memory, retrieval, episodic, semantic)
· Forgetting (e.g., interference, decay, motivated forgetting)
· Brain imaging techniques (e.g., MRI, fMRI)
· Central nervous system (e.g., the amygdala, the hippocampus)
· Endocrine system (e.g., the pituitary gland)
· Psychological disorders (e.g., social anxiety disorder, Bipolar disorder)
· Aggression (frustration, heat, aggressive cues)
In selecting your concept, choose something specific. For example, “memory” is too broad a concept. You would need to narrow it down. Episodic memory is better because it is more specific.
If you’re unsure as to whether a particular concept would be appropriate for this paper, please ask me.
Depending on what you choose, you might need to do a little extra research. For example, if you want to discuss how someone you know suffered a brain injury to a part of the brain that we did not focus on in class, you will need to include detail about the location of the injury (the exact part of the brain) and what functions that particular part is responsible for and other relevant information. To do this, you will likely need to do extra research. You MUST get my approval before choosing a topic not covered in class
· double spaced
· Times New Roman 12 font
· NO direct quotes from the textbook. You must paraphrase things IN YOUR OWN WORDS
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.