Choose a museum from this list to virtually visit. Here are three choices that have excellent websites (I have already chosen one and left the link on the bottom.)
Within the museum’s collection, choose two paintings (not photographs or sculptures) created from 1880-2020 in the collection, to compare and contrast. They should be the same genre (such as two nudes, two portraits, two landscapes, etc). Your paper should be 5 pages, typed, double-spaced on one of the pair of paintings.
Some Guidelines on Writing Your Paper:
Note, these are suggestions of questions you could be asking. There are many more that you will, and should, answer.
Make sure to compare and contrast. This should come across as one unified paper discussing two works of art, not two short essays. Make sure to proofread for any mistakes.
1. How are the works painted (brushstroke, color, light/ shade, material)? Which of these aspects is emphasized? Is the perspective accurate?
2. What is the impact of the style of the image to its meaning? Why does an artist make the choice to create in the style(s) represented in these works?
3. Are the pieces abstract or more clearly realistic? If they are abstract, how? What is strange or unreal about them?
1. What is the subject? How can you tell? Can you?
2. How can you compare the way the subject is depicted in the two works? How similar is the subject of the two artworks?
III. Installation/ Reception
1. Where is the work placed in the galleries? What is around it? What is the impact of the work within its context? Make sure to describe the galleries and the museum itself.
2.What is lost by not seeing these works firsthand?
3.What, if anything can be gained by seeing these images online instead of visiting the museum?
4.Why did you choose this museum?
IV. Historical/ Art Historical Context
1. What works that we’ve seen in class do these works resemble?
2. How similar/ different is this work as compared to others you’ve seen by the same artist (whether from class or from the museum)?
3. How are the pieces modern? Are they new and innovative, or traditional?
If you cite ANY source ( information from the museum, etc.) You must give proper credit, such as (Schneider-Adams, 299). Although this is not a research paper, if you do look at anyone else’s words, make sure to signify this in your work. Do not use more than a few sentences or ideas from outside sources for the entire paper.
Here is the link to the Virtual Museum that I have chosen:
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.