Chapter II – 25 pages
• Contextualize for your design problem supported by data if possible
• Historical and theoretical background for the problem and solutions offered
• Technical issues related depending on your selected design problem,
• Current pressing issues that would affect the scene, ex. sustainability, health and wellbeing,
critical climatic issues, productive architecture, COVID 19
• Case studies presentation and analysis. At least 2-3 relevant cases. If needed other thematic
cases as discussed in class
This chapter should conclude with a statement (1-3) pages that synthesize all the info in the chapter.
This furnishes ground for the next chapter of programming issues.
For my thesis paper I decided to do an International Airport. We were directed to find a problem in the community and provide architectural solutions. Last year September the Bahamas had a terrible category 5 hurricane (Dorian) that devastated the island of Grand Bahama and left residents and the economy of the island in a depressing state. As it stands, the Grand Bahama International Airport Terminal is not in use. My intent is to design a modern and sustainable structure that creates a gateway to the island of Grand Bahama. (which is not the capital of the Bahamas but second largest populated island)
· Lack of proper infrastructure and sustainable features. This airport has been damaged more than 4 times from major hurricanes with flooding being major factor.
· Lack of aesthetics features (Innovative designs). The existing airport is not appealing upon entry.
· Safety regulations and building codes
· Circulation within the airport
Grand Bahama International Airport
1. For this paper, I need a literature review of case studies depicting successful International Airport designs. They must include:
· A similar climate to the Bahamas and experience hurricanes (NOTE: this airport is 1.7 miles away for the ocean which is salt water)
· A design that demonstrates an elevated structure to help with flooding (the building gets flooded on a rainy day so that structure needs to be elevated)
· Sustainable features within the structure (solar panels, water catchment system or practice daylighting)
2. Review all aspects of the International Airport such as:
· Airport operations and requirements
· The square footage
· Modern and advance technology
3. Specify how the interior and exterior spaces are set up, as well as their adjacencies.
4. Sustainable Building Materials (appropriate for Bahamian Climate)
5. Hurricane proof materials (façade, flooring, walls, paint, roof)
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.