Hello, I chose prompt 3 for this cultural paper which involves watching a movie. I watched The Last Samurai, you can watch it if you want to but It basically just showcases samurai/Japanese traditions, ritual, etc. But just incase just search up “The Last Samurai” on www.fmovies.wtf to watch the movie online for free(There will be ads on fmovies).
Here are some articles I found on Google Scholar, the titles are highlighted so you can search them up on Google scholar, but if it doesn’t seem appropriate for the paper, you may go ahead and pick other articles:
1) Pierre, J. M. (2015). Culturally sanctioned suicide: Euthanasia, seppuku, and terrorist martyrdom. World journal of psychiatry, 5(1), 4 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4369548/
2) Brown, R. H. (2013). Yasuoka Masahiro’s ‘New Discourse on Bushidō Philosophy’: Cultivating Samurai Spirit and Men of Character for Imperial Japan. Social Science Japan Journal, 16(1), 107-129.
3) Ueno, C. (1987). The position of Japanese women reconsidered. Current Anthropology, 28(S4), S75-S84. https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/pdfplus/10.1086/203592
4) Benesch, O. (2014). Inventing the Way of the Samurai: Nationalism, Internationalism, and Bushidō in Modern Japan. OUP Oxford
For this option you will watch a movie from the provided list (or one of your choosing with my approval), and do a cultural analysis on it. What aspects of culture do you see? Do you see ethnocentrism in the characters? Is there religion? Ritual? Politics? Family/Kinship dynamics? What about linguistics? How do they communicate, what do they wear? Watch the film and take detailed notes and write a research paper based on what you see. Include a brief synopsis of the film as your introduction.
• Times New Roman, Font Size 12, Double spaced
• MUST have a Works Cited page in APA format
• Must use at least 4 SCHOLARLY sources, your textbook is allowed for 1. Avoid websites, go for Google scholar, peer reviewed works and Books.
• Your works cited page does not count as a page
• Have a Title and a header as seen above
• Do not use footnotes, they are unnecessary
• If you have trouble finding scholarly works, come to me! I can help!
• If you choose a Movie NOT on the list, you must email me the name for approval.
• Must be 4 pages. Any less and you will receive a 0.
• No Wiki, you will receive a 0 immediately if you cite Wikipedia
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.