For the capstone project, you will create a business plan for a hypothetical start-up company using the scenarios provided below. In the business plan, you will need to demonstrate the integration and synthesis of competencies in all domains required for your degree program.
Select the business plan scenario assigned to your degree program from the list below:
Information Technology Management Majors:
Develop a business plan for a start-up company that sells computer services, equipment, or software. Select the type of products that the company will offer. The products can be real or potential.
Marketing Management Majors:
Develop a business plan for a start-up company that provides some type of marketing product or service (e.g., advertising campaigns, sales, online promotions). Select the type of products or services that the company will offer. The products can be real or potential.
Develop a business plan for a start-up company that offers some type of accounting service. The type of services offered could include bookkeeping, auditing, tax preparation, accounting software, or some other type of current or potential service.
Develop a business plan for a start-up company that offers some type of financial service. The products or services provided by the company might include banking, financial planning, investments, stockbroking, mortgage lending, etc.
Develop a business plan for a start-up company that plans to sell a product or service in a local market, in a national market, or on the Internet. Select one of your favorite products as the basis for the company, or invent a product.
Human Resource Management Majors:
Develop a business plan for a company that offers human resources products or services. Examples might include a temporary or staffing agency, a benefits consultant, a training company, etc.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The originality report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Tasks may not be submitted as cloud links, such as links to Google Docs, Google Slides, OneDrive, etc., unless specified in the task requirements. All other submissions must be file types that are uploaded and submitted as attachments (e.g., .docx, .pdf, .ppt).
Create a business plan for your hypothetical start-up company in which you do the following:
Note: You are required to utilize both the attached “Business Plan Template” and the attached “Financial Plan Template” in creating your business plan. If the attached WGU templates are not completed and submitted, your work will automatically be returned to you without being evaluated. These templates are located in the “Supporting Documents” section of the Capstone instructions .
A. Write an executive summary (suggested length of 1–2 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Identify the company’s name and location.
2. Describe the mission of the company.
3. Discuss two business goals in support of the company’s mission.
4. Discuss three keys to success for the company.
B. Write a company summary (suggested length of 4–6 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Describe the history of the industry in which the company will operate.
2. Identify the legal form that the company will take.
3. Describe the location and type of facilities needed for the company.
4. Describe the management structure, including key positions and specific responsibilities.
5. Describe the products and services offered by the company.
C. Develop a market analysis (suggested length of 3–5 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Describe the target market for the company’s products and services, including the specific location, demographics, etc.
2. Complete an industry analysis for the company, including current trends and statistics.
3. Complete a four-square SWOT analysis for the company in which you do the following:
a. Identify three strengths, three weaknesses, three opportunities, and three threats.
b. Explain each of the identified strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
D. Develop a market strategy (suggested length of 3–6 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Discuss each of the four Ps of marketing as they relate to the company’s products and services.
2. Develop a price list for the company’s products and services.
3. Develop a promotional strategy including specific tasks, target dates, and responsible parties.
4. Develop a monthly sales forecast for the first year of operations, including a discussion of expected market conditions.
Note: The sales forecast will be used as the basis for your revenue in your financial statements.
E. Develop an implementation strategy in which you do the following:
1. Summarize the overall strategy that will be utilized to launch your business, including target dates and goals for implementation.
2. Develop a post-launch monitoring plan (e.g., financial impact, quality control, customer satisfaction, monitoring schedule) to evaluate the success of the company in meeting milestones.
F. Calculate and develop the financial statements and projections for the first year of business by doing the following:
1. Develop a month-by-month forecasted profit and loss statement using an estimate of revenues and operating costs based on the sales forecast.
2. Develop a forecasted balance sheet for the end of year one.
G. Write a financial report (suggested length of 1–2 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Summarize the financial projections and the assumptions used in estimating the financial statements.
2. Describe the company’s financial position at the end of the first year.
3. Describe the company’s initial and future estimated capital/investment needs.
H. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
I. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.