Assignment 2- Identifying and Describing a Social Problem
For this assignment, you will delve deeper to explore a social problem that really interests you. This can be the social problem you identified in assignment 1 or you can choose something new.
For this assignment, you will put together a presentation of 12 slides minimum. You may use a presentation program of your choice such as PowerPoint or any of these which offer free use: Prezi, Powtoon, Adobe Spark, Google Slides, Canva, Visme, Libre Office, Slidedog, Haiku Deck. Please attach, embed, or provide a link to your presentation to submit it for grading.
Your Presentation must do the following:
1. Include a title slide, with your title, your name, class, and a visual that represents your topic choice. [1 slide]
2. Select a social problem of your choice, explain why it is a problem, and define the scope of this social problem (is it local, national, international, etc) [1 slide]
3. Explore the history of your social problem. Think about it has changed over time and what major milestones have impacted the problem. For example, if you are exploring racism, you will want to note major Civil Rights legislation, etc. [at least 2 slides]
3. Next, analyze two major ways that the social problem chose currently impacts different groups of individuals. For example, if you are looking at drug use, you might analyze the impact of drug use on families and workplaces. It would be a great idea to include a chart of statistics here to support your points. [at least 2 slides]
4. Define four concepts from our readings/materials that relate to your chosen social problem and analyze how these concepts help us better understand the social problem you are discussing. Some examples of concepts are ideas such as stratification, ethnicity, racism, sexism, and others as mentioned in our readings and materials (NOTE: these are just examples of concepts – they may NOT apply to your topic – you need to select concepts that apply to your own topic). [at least 4 slides]
5. Define one sociological theory from our readings/materials that relates to your chosen social problem and analyze how this theory helps us better understand the social problem you are discussing. Sociological theories include functionalism, conflict theory, feminist theory, symbolic interactionism, and others as mentioned in our readings and materials. [at least 1 slide]
6. Include full references in APA formatting. [at least 1 slide].
Do not use unverifiable, secondary sites such as Wikipedia, about.com, ask.com, and similar. Use our course materials, peer-reviewed journal articles from the library, and other scholarly sources.
Your presentation should utilize sound critical thought and it should include appropriate APA in-text citations and full APA references at the end.
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.