If you choose a term project instead of taking the final exam, you will be developing a power point presentation which demonstrates how an American rock group utilizes the influence of a particular country or culture of your choice. The unique aspect of this is your freedom of choice and your creativity. Here are the instructions:
1. Choose a country or culture that you especially enjoyed learning about. It could be Spain, China, Bulgaria or other East Europe country, Ireland, etc.
2. Find a rock group that utilizes the features of that country’s musical style.
3. Develop a power point presentation which demonstrates (a) a summary of a few basic features of that country’s authentic or traditional music; (b) some background information about the rock group – how many players, when and where the group was formed; (c) a few clues which show how the group uses the influence of that country’s musical style; (d) musical links which can be played, to provide evidence of your findings, to prove your thesis.
Rather than begin with the country first, you may find it easier to begin with a rock group. As you recognize the foreign influence in the group’s musical style, you should be able to easily identify the culture that was used by the group. All of this clearly enables you to demonstrate your knowledge about a country’s music which you hopefully gained from our work together, and apply it to something contemporary from our own culture.
Guidelines for identifying musical features of a culture:
(a) unusual musical instruments that are used
(b) rhythms that are unusual or different
(c) special musical or vocal effects which may represent that country’s musical style
(d) a particular song which is clearly identified, applying to that country, but rearranged by the rock group
Example of a Power Point Term Project:
In a prior semester, two students working together chose the familiar Irish song Danny Boy. They presented it first in normal format, with two musicians playing guitars and singing. Then they presented a punk rock version of the same song by an American rock group. Another example concerned Latino music. Two students working together chose the music of Tito Puente to demonstrate the authentic Latino style. Then they chose three American singers who blended that Latino style with American popular music.
Guidelines for Power Point Presentations:
1. To interest the viewer, demonstrate a flow of information from slide to slide which shows a sequential development, like a story unfolding
2. Use bullet-pointed short phrases and avoid lengthy descriptions
3. Show pictures that demonstrate your basic ability to use this technology
4. Add musical links which are relevant to your presentation
You don’t need to show any fancy techniques such as animation, or any other more advanced techniques. Just keep the presentation technically simple and basic.
Power point presentations need to be sent to me as an attachment to an e-mail message between Dec. 10-16. Please be in touch with me if you have any questions about this project.
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.