*** Must be able to identify instruments playing from video *** This assignment is for a Salsa, Soca, Reggae music class! Prepare to listen to some Merengue 🙂 It is a concert report for the performance called Merengues Pa Bailar Pa´Gozar – Ivan Medrano y La Banda del Machete 4K – Merengues Clásicos Concierto on Youtube. You must watch it. The report will be about it. You can search this name on Youtube but I will also include the link. [Translated caption: Difosatv presents in a live Merengue concert with Iván Medrano and La Banda del Machete. The band covers great Latin music hits in a merengue version, and performs classic merengues from the 80s and 90s.
The merengue is a perfect rhythm to not stop dancing. A concert directed by the unmistakable Iván Medrano who brings all the strength and vitality. Don’t forget to listen to their great hit “El Coco No Merengue”.
I hope you enjoy this live Latin music concert as much as we have enjoyed performing it on this beautiful beach in Guatemala.
The best merengue songs to dance in a unique location, recorded in high resolution 4k, and with aerial images of the place.
We have worked hard to make this meringue video, we hope our audience will enjoy it to the fullest.]
I will attach/include
– Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTL8UX6VOxc&feature=emb_title
– Class Readings (chose at least 1 to incorporate)
* Manuel, Peter. Caribbean Currents (Third Edition). Philadelphia; Temple University Press. –> Chapter 1 and 5
* Austerlitz,Paul. Merengue: Dominican Music and Dominican Identity.Preview the document Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 1997. –> Chapter 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9(pdf)
* Pacini Hernandez, Deborah. Bachata: A Social History of Dominican Popular Music.Preview the document Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 1995. –> Introduction and Chapter 6 (pdf)
(LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE READINGS)
– Three sample reports (they were written by other students before coronavirus, which explains why they describe a concert they visited)
~ Some class notes (look at the terminology we use and what notes I took on what he said analyzing a song)****
I’ve copied and pasted the professor’s instructions for this assignment:
“The attendance of a Caribbean virtual music performances during the semester is required. A three-page review is required. The three page reports should include the following: documentation of who performed (names of musicians and bandleader); location of event (include the name of the venue); what type of event (e.g., club performance, street festival, etc.); how you would stylistically classify the music (i.e., after positing the music stylistically, describe the cultural influences that can be heard both in terms of musical elements and non-musical components that support your claims); try to use the musical terminology introduced in class; repertoire played (name of selections); and include your impressions of the event (was the performance competent? what did you learn from the experience?). You will be required to incorporate class readings into your discussion. Be sure to use proper citation style (Chicago or MLA). Please keep your answers concise and limit your responses to three pages, double space, 12 point type (Times New Roman font preferred).”
Extra instructions/notes from me:
~ Minimum one reading is required! And maybe all that possibly fits considering this report is only 3 pages double spaced
– professor suggested picking a song to focus as a way to go (you can analyze that songs instruments/lyrics/part of song paseo, merengue, jaleo) pls pick a song to do this
– please use class notes terminology and relate to song – make sure to identify the paseo (a short instrumental section at the beginning of the song that is slower/processional like purpose is to let people find dance partner), merengue (same characteristics of canto or band singing), and jaleo (the repeated vamp section with improv) of a song. talk about what instruments you hear in paseo/merengue/jaleo of song. Look at the Dominican republic notes! Maybe compare merengue to bachata
– I know that the name of the band leader is Ivan Medrano but the names of the band members I could not find. Just state that the name of the individual band members but they call themselves La Banda del Machete and Ivan Medrano. The concert is located on a beach in Guatemala.
– The songs they perform in order (btw you can look up the lyric translations for these. These are Latin hits by other artists with their merengue style):
– Le Llamaban Loca by Mocedaces
– La Tanga by Oro solido –> about a man who loves thongs on his woman
– Jenny by Toño Rosario [8:47] –> Romance song about Jenny
– El Reloj by Luis Miguel [12:26]
– Despacito by Luis Fonsi [17:45]
– Maria Se Fue by Oro Solido [21:47] –> about romance, Maria left
– Si, Pero No by Lolita [24:20] –> Heartbreak song about indecisive woman
– Pideme la luna by leo Dan [30:00] –> romance song to lover
– Mix Machete Machete by Ivan Medrano y La Banda del Machete [34:40]
***- Caballito de Palo by Joseph Fonseco [41:55] –> about wanting to ride a horse
– Me Gusta Hacerte el Amor by Tormenta Band [45:45] –> romantic song about making love
***- Calor by Ivan Medrano y La Banda Machete [50:16]
– Quien te hace el amor by Tormenta Band [55:00] from 1998 according to lead singer. He announced –> romance song about heartbreak and love
– Que se vaya by Benny Sadel [1:00:44]
La Bamba (merengue version) [1:04:10] *******The original is differnent! google the oringinal and maybe see how they made it merengue!! just an idea
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions, I am more than happy to answer anything.
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.