The paper is a compilation of ten questions that the student must answer in essay form using the print edition of The Wall Street Journal. Students are encouraged to go to the website http://r.wsj.net/hW7dC as soon as possible to get the 3-month “Student Print and Digital Pack.” subscription. (Note: The ten questions are found below)
The paper is designed to help the student to better understand the economy through relevant articles from The Wall Street Journal by having the student:
Summarize and distill the essence of the article in his/her own words, including additional research, if needed (i.e., inclusion of charts/graphs to clarify a particular point).
Completely answer each question to the best of one’s ability, with personal critiques given where applicable.
Comment and discuss the ethical dimensions of economic and financial
decision-making (where applicable) in the marketplace.
4. It is very important to construct a clear and concise series of essays in response to
the ten questions that are required of each student in the class to answer using the
print and online editions of The Wall Street Journal. The paper will be graded on
the following elements as well as the assessment criteria stated above.
a. Clarity of exposition and force of argument/ completeness of summary
b. Accuracy in spelling, grammar, and standard punctuation
c. There will be NO plagiarism tolerated under any circumstances
d. Citations must conform to APA or MLA format, if applicable
5. Students need to collaborate with the instructor and to submit a draft of the paper
prior to its final submission. This draft will be submitted to the instructor no later
than the tenth week of the semester. Students are encouraged to use the Detroit
Mercy Writing Center as a resource in assisting them in completing the final
6. A late submission of the paper will not be accepted. Students that submit papers
one week in advance of the submission date will have their papers returned prior
to the final exam.
The Wall Street Journal Project (100 pts.)
Students are required to answer the following questions about the financial markets and the economy using the print edition of The Wall Street Journal.
1. Describe the recent attempts by the Trump Administration to stimulate the economy through fiscal policy and identify five leading economists and their assessment of its impact on the long-term growth of the national economy.
2. Trace the direction of inflation using the U.S. Consumer Price Index (CPI). Is the inflation rate rising or falling? What are three major factors that have influenced the direction of the inflation rate?
3. What are the top five core industries that make up and drive the economy in the United States? Identify and summarize three articles that reveal these industries and their importance to future economic growth.
4. How is demographics changing the nature of economic growth? Identify and summarize three articles that address the many demographic changes that will affect macroeconomic growth over the next twenty years.
5. What is the Federal Reserve doing with our money? Please summarize five articles that underscore the importance of the central bank implementing monetary policy.
6. Is the United States running a budget deficit? Please identify and summarize three articles that address the deficit and strategies to either decrease it or to manage it.
7. What is the unemployment rate in the national economy? Identify and summarize five articles about the direction of unemployment.
8. Trace the daily movement of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the Standard and Poor’s 500 Index. Summarize five articles that incorporate the market as a leading indicator of national economic performance and in what stage of the business cycle is the U.S. economy?
9. Are markets functioning freely or are there embedded structural features that are limiting economic growth. Please identify and analyze five articles that address the relationship between the government and markets (i.e., tariffs, subsidies, government regulation, and government control).
10. Please identify and summarize three recently released books about economics as reviewed by The Wall Street Journal staff.
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.